Wednesday, January 5, 2011

World Juniors

I'm sitting at home watching the Bronze Medal game at the World Juniors featuring the hosts. USA and Sweden. I must say that this is an utter failure for USA. They were the defending champs with 8 returning players playing at home (kinda). if this was being played in Canada and we were playing in the Bronze medal game, on a Wednesday afternoon, there would be outrage. Those poor kids would never hear the end of it. I hope Sweden crushes them by the way.

How embarrassing is USA Hockey. They host the WJHC and when Canada met USA in the semis it looked like it was Canada. Try and sell the game a bit. Its not even like Buffalo isn't a hockey city. They should be ashamed by the lack of support. Just another reason why we are the greatest hockey nation in the world.

The IIHF would be CRAZY if they leave North America for this tournament. I just cant see any other country try and compete with the attendance and TV numbers when its in Canada. 4 million people watched the game against the US. Highest ever for a non-gold medal game, and TSNs highest rated program EVER was the Gold Medal game last year in Saskatoon Can vs USA, with 5.3 million viewers. Would it be that high in Europe with the time difference? Not a chance.

1-0 Sweden. 7:38 to go in 2nd

You ever look at something and think, hey that's easier than it looks??? Boxing is complete opposite!!! I joined the K.A. Boxing club last night, boxing looks tough and is tougher to do.

Damn, US tied it up 6:28 left in 2nd.

How does a person get more twitter followers? I only have 10! its brutal. Recommend me and follow me here Dean_on_Kool

OK time for me to get focused on the big game....later!

No comments: