Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Suicide

Its such a touchy and tricky subject. I don't even like to say the word. In the last 72 hours people very close to me have been devastated by the news of 2 young men who decided there was nothing left. I didn't know these guys personally but can feel the pain. One was a guy who my brother would hang out with from time to time and one was a cousin of my wife.

It brings up so many emotions. Sadness. Anger. Confusion. Guilt. My heart aches for the people who were close to them. I'm angry that they decided to hurt those who loved them. I'm confused as to why they decided that is all they had left. I feel guilty that I couldn't help.

I have had to deal with suicide since I was 5 years old. My uncle Miles decided that was his only way out. Its not.

I know life is tough. I have felt some extreme lows. But there is always someone there who will listen. There is always someone there who loves you. There is always something to live for.

Like I said, I didn't know these 2 guys. They didn't know each other. 2 guys who felt there was no other answer.

If these are things that cross your mind, talk to someone.

1 800 448 3000. That's a national hot line number. They can help.

No comments: