Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rodeo weekend is coming up fast! Midway, pancake breakfasts, parades, chili cook off, heavy horse pulls, bull riding, dance, and beer gardens. What else says western Canada better than that?!

Huge congrats to Gary Kurick (hope that's spelled right) for winning the big award in Winnipeg for his wheel chair invention. Gary was on the morning show a month ago or so talking about his project. Tune in in the following weeks for Gary to be back on the show!

One thing that has been bugging me lately is rude people. I was in a store the other day buying a few things and when I got to the checkout the girl scanned my stuff and then just looked at me. She never told me how much my total was, asked if that was all or anything. I handed her my debit card she swiped it, I did my thing and it took until I told her I didn't need my receipt for her to say a word, which was a barely audible "Oh". If you work with the public say hello, or at least smile. It may be a bad job but at least act like you are a nice person. If you don't like working with the public get a different job.

Maybe I just expect too much from people, or I need a beer.

No comments: