Monday, February 14, 2011

Debriefing

So I am back and into the swing of things from my Mexican holiday.

The entire week I was gone I vowed to stay away from Facebook, twitter, email, texting, and anything else to keep up to date on what was going on. It was absolutely amazing. It made me have real conversations with people. I wasn't looking down at my phone at all and i loved it. Plus I watched very little tv and I cant even begin to tell you how recharged that can make a person. I swam in the ocean everyday but 2 (jellyfish one day, and thunderstorms one day), I mini golfed, snorkeled, and realized in the sun.

The resort we stayed at was called Crown Paradise. In my opinion it was fanfrickentastic, but I'm not hard to please. It was very much a kid friendly resort and that's why we choose it. Seth had a daycare. Now people were telling us before we went that there is no way in hell they would let their kids stay in a Mexican day care, but only 4 kids went missing the entire week we were there so I would say it was pretty well ran. (that was sarcasm, there is no way a resort would be able to operate a day care if there were ANY kinds of issues. It was no different than staying in a day care in Canada)

I would also highly recommend Cancun. Great place with alot to do. It is very commercialized so if a 3rd world country hot holiday isn't something you would like, go to Cancun. You can hit up Wal-Mart, Mcdonalds, Dominos, and basically every chain restaurant and store here in Canada.

So now I have a Caribbean travel bug, if anyone wants to take me on a trip to the tropics, feel free to let me know.

Ok that's it that's all.

No comments: