Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday


So Monsieur Dan Golby and his little side kick Turd Ferguson (frequent callers to 'Mornings with Dean and Robb') stopped in at KOOL today and brought us some lunch. 8 breakfast sandwiches, 12 donuts, and a can of french vanilla cappuccino from Tim Hortons. They have challenged all other listeners to top that and buy food for 'Mornings with Dean and Robb' from now till the end of the year. Do your part people!!!!!


Pontiac news-
Shawn Bates will be out 4-6 weeks with an undisclosed injury that has been nagging for the last month.
Coach Chad Mercier hasn't bought any gifts yet this year.
And finally the Pontiacs have a pair of home games this weekend starting tomorrow when they take on the top team in the AJHL, ranked #2 in Canada, the Spruce Grove Saints. The game should be a doozy and I am looking forward to doing color for that one this Saturday. Puck drops at 7:30 MST from the R.J. Lalande Arena. Catch the action starting at 7:15 MST on KOOL 101.3.


Also the brutal Lloydminster Bobcats come to town Sunday. That game is at 6 MST with the pre game show starting at 5:45 MST.


Lloyd sucks

Sometimes when I sit back and take it all in, I realize how cool of a job I really have. I hope this doesn't come off like I am bragging but in the last 15 months I have been able to interview/meet; Bedouin Soundclash, Lillix, Gerry Dee, The Roadhammers, Olympic Curler Ed Luckowich, Kevin Martin, Farley Flex, April Wine, Mobile, JFLOW, and possibly a few more that I can't remember right now. Had I not gotten in to Radio I would never have been able to talk to any of these people let alone shake their hands. What can I say, I love my job! I think a person has to in order to wake up at 4:30 every morning in the -40 degree winter (-51 with the windchill, not even exaggerating) and come to work and think of ways to make YOU smile.

I hope you have enjoyed what I have been doing in the Lakeland for the last 15 months cuz I have been having a blast! I think I even have a few 'fans'


Ok maybe not as hard core as these people but a fan is a fan....check out how creepy buddy on the right is.....weird.

No comments: